December 08 - 10, 2020
Day 1 - Tuesday 8 December 2020
Tuesday, December 8th, 2020
8:20 AM Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
8:50 AM Buy Side All Star Panel: The evolution of the buy side DNA - How has COVID-19 disrupted your trading desk and how can you implement a successful recovery roadmap to tap into new opportunities?
- How has smart working, remote connection, and reduced hours disrupted and influenced the future of the trading desk?
- What are the most critical technological areas you need to invest in now to stay ahead of the curve, and what steps should you take to incorporate these on your desk?
- New skillsets for shifting priorities: How can you bring in new talent to shake-up your desk and leverage new eTrading capabilities?
- New frontiers in fixed income investing: How is technology opening new avenues and products for your desk and how can you take advantage of these to maximize returns for your investors?
- The future of fixed income: How do the buy side view the evolution of fixed income markets and what steps will they take to ensure they are continuing to lead from the front?
9:20 AM The Beyond 2020 View on Liquidity: The liquidity landscape of tomorrow - How are traditional players and alternative liquidity providers re-shaping global fixed income markets in an era of low yield and fee compression?
- Assessing the state of fixed income liquidity: How have the mechanics of the market changed and how will they evolve with increased electronification and new market entrants?
- How can you measure the execution quality around different forms of liquidity to establish the best path to trade?
- Moving to liquidity enhancement: How can you get more creative with liquidity management in a negative or low yield rate world?
- How is the late cycle dynamic going to impact yield and what is the buy side preferred space to have more access to liquidity?
- How is technology acting as an enabler for new models to provide new pools of liquidity and how can you incorporate these into your workflow?
- Is using multiple trading protocols the best way to give you a wider picture of liquidity and still provide a smooth consistent workflow for your traders?
10:30 AM Buy Side Panel Discussion - Embracing a new era of fixed income: What should the optimal FICC infrastructure look like to enhance your desk potential and achieve operational alpha?
- How can you use your new technology infrastructure as your competitive advantage to increase alpha generation?
- Optimizing the desk: How can you automate the trading desk by using AI, Machine learning and data analytics to give you an edge?
- Standardizing and normalizing data: How can the industry co-operate on data to achieve greater operational efficiency?
- Addressing the cost issues: How can you innovate whilst being budget efficient, and how can the sell side and buy side better co-operate to drive innovation forward?
- How can vendors develop bespoke technologies and offer services that better suit smaller buy side firms?