December 08 - 10, 2020
Day 2 - Wednesday 9 December 2020
Wednesday, December 9th, 2020
9:30 AM Macro Keynote - COVID-19, Trade wars, recession, and 2020 US Election: How will the US and global political landscape impact financial markets and what can we expect over the next 4 years?
- Reacting to the signs of recession: With trade wars and tariffs negatively impacting growth, what are the implications for fixed income investing?
- The end of the road? Is there anywhere left for central banks to turn after the end of long-term QE to combat the threat of a new recession?
- Low rate environment: What are the tools that banks and governments have at their disposal to start up the economy, especially if heading into recession?
- Planning ahead of the US elections: How can you plan for the uncertainties of the 2020 election to mitigate the impact this will have on your portfolios
- Long-term investments: How can you best manage your clients’ expectations in an era of political and monetary uncertainty?