December 08 - 10, 2020
Day 2 - Wednesday 9 December 2020
**All times are in EST**
All times are in EST
8:45 am - 8:50 am Opening Remarks: Irene Cerquaglia, Editorial Director, Fixed Income Leaders Summit
EMBRACING FUTURE DISRUPTION
8:50 am - 9:30 am The View on 2021 Panel Discussion - What are the top 3 investment trends that will dominate fixed income markets in 2021 and how can you capitalize on these now to maximize returns for your investors?
Richard LacailleGlobal Chief Investment Officer
State Street Global Advisors
Quadratic Capital & IVOL ETF
Andy SparksManaging Director
Luca BosattaManaging Director, Head of Fixed Income Research
9:30 am - 9:50 am Macro Keynote - COVID-19, Trade wars, recession, and 2020 US Election: How will the US and global political landscape impact financial markets and what can we expect over the next 4 years?
- Reacting to the signs of recession: With trade wars and tariffs negatively impacting growth, what are the implications for fixed income investing?
- The end of the road? Is there anywhere left for central banks to turn after the end of long-term QE to combat the threat of a new recession?
- Low rate environment: What are the tools that banks and governments have at their disposal to start up the economy, especially if heading into recession?
- Planning ahead of the US elections: How can you plan for the uncertainties of the 2020 election to mitigate the impact this will have on your portfolios
- Long-term investments: How can you best manage your clients’ expectations in an era of political and monetary uncertainty?
Alexander BouzalisExecutive Director
Morgan Stanley Investment Management
Thomas V. KennedyExecutive Director, Global Head of Macro and Fixed Income Strategy
J.P Morgan Private Bank
Ben EmonsManaging Director, Head of Global Macro Strategy
9:50 am - 10:10 am Fireside Chat - How will new technology shape the evolution of the ETFs ecosystem in the next 5 years and how can you best prepare for this trend?
10:10 am - 10:50 am All Star Panel *CHATHAM HOUSE RULE* - The top five factors you should consider when investing in bond ETFs: How can you factor in adoption, volatility and liquidity and tactically integrate ETFs in your asset allocation strategy to boost performance?
Rick Harper Head of Fixed Income and Currency Wisdomtree Asset Management
Jarred Sherman Managing Director, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager J.P. Morgan Asset Management
Rene Casis Portfolio Manager American Century Investments
Bill Ahmuty Head of Fixed Income - SPDR State Street Global Advisors
Adam Gould Head of U.S. Equity Tradeweb
Kenneth Monahan Senior Analyst Greenwich Associates
- Assessing the real benefits of ETFs: How can investors create a roadmap to better serve their clients’ needs?
- How can you counteract risks and trading issues like market structure and liquidity with ETFs?
- How can ETFs better understand the underlying market and create a dynamic that provides better access to liquidity pools?
- What are the operational issues of ETFs and how are they disrupting market structure?
- How are the buy side reaping the liquidity and cost benefits associated with ETFs within their portfolios?
Rick HarperHead of Fixed Income and Currency
Wisdomtree Asset Management
Jarred ShermanManaging Director, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager
J.P. Morgan Asset Management
Rene CasisPortfolio Manager
American Century Investments
Bill AhmutyHead of Fixed Income - SPDR
State Street Global Advisors
Adam GouldHead of U.S. Equity
Kenneth MonahanSenior Analyst
All times are in EST
10:50 am - 11:10 am Networking Break
THE EVOLUTION OF RATES
11:10 am - 11:30 am Treasury Keynote: The U.S. Treasury Market: Lessons from 2020 and the outlook for the future
- How is the U.S. Treasury planning to create additional transparency? And, how will this impact Wall Street banks and their trading strategies?
- How can platform providers benefit from additional transparency, and what does it mean in terms of data quality and resource allocation?
- Making transaction data public: How will this move help achieve greater price transparency and understand how volumes fluctuate?
- Encouraging greater interest in securities: How will you gain a better understanding of how much volume is passing through the market, particularly in off-the-runs?
Nicholas SteeleDeputy Director of the Office of Debt Management
U.S. Department of the Treasury
David SaabManaging Director
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Fireside Chat: New frontiers in rates execution - How will increased electronification and competition impact pricing and liquidity?
Michael O’BrienDirector of Global Trading
Sean HodgsonExecutive Director BrokerTec Products
Susan EstesCo-Founder, CEO & President
Chris AmenHead of Dealerweb U.S. Treasury Actives
Brad BaileyResearch Director, Capital Markets
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Panel Discussion - Electronification of REPO: How are the buy side embracing this evolution to reap the clearing, STP and liquidity benefits?
12:30 pm - 1:00 pm Fireside Chat: Setting out your LIBOR transition roadmap - How can you mitigate the impact this change will have on swaps trading?
- How can you prepare for a cross-unit multi-geo transition and what impact will this have on both future and legacy contracts?
- The practicalities of benchmark reform: How have regulators handled this transition and what are the timelines for change?
- How do reference rates differ from each other and how do the respective policies differ across jurisdictions?
- What are the key risks associated with the transition and how can you identify these and mitigate them early to reduce the impact on your trading desk?
John LaniusPortfolio Manager
James WallinSenior Vice President, Fixed Income
Elisabeth KirbyHead of US Rates Product & Strategy
Michael H. KoeglerCEO
Market Alpha Advisors LLC
ELECTRONIFICATION OF MUNICIPAL BONDS
1:00 pm - 1:30 pm 360 Perspective: The practicalities of municipal bond electronification - How can you leverage technology to best execute such a unique complex product and enhance your liquidity process to overcome fragmentation issues?
Justin Land Chief Investment Strategist - Wasmer Schroeder Strategies Charles Schwab Investment Management
Jim Switzer Global Head of Fixed Income AllianceBernstein
Steve McLaughlin Head of North America Enterprise Sales - Financial Services IHS Markit
Ari Burstein President Capital Markets Strategies
Justin LandChief Investment Strategist - Wasmer Schroeder Strategies
Charles Schwab Investment Management
Jim SwitzerGlobal Head of Fixed Income
Steve McLaughlinHead of North America Enterprise Sales - Financial Services
Capital Markets Strategies
All times are in EST
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Lunch Break
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Virtual Round Table - Linear credit exposure wrappers: How can bond index futures help mitigate the impact of UMR?
Turn your camera on to connect and discuss with your FILS peers.
David LitchfieldDirector, Derivatives Sales
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Diversity & Inclusion THINK TANK - Building high-performance teams: Covering everything from communications, self-branding and career progression and how diversity should be used as a competitive advantage on your fixed income desk
*Turn your camera on to connect and discuss with your FILS peers during our virtual networking break
Jennifer LitwinVice President, Head of Financial Services