June 18 - 20, 2019
Philadelphia 201, Philadelphia
44 (0)207 368 9576
Agenda Day 2 - Thursday June 20th 2019
7:50 am - 8:25 am Registration and Breakfast
8:25 am - 8:30 am Chairperson’s Opening RemarksDavid Bullen - Director & Founder, Lorgwood Limited
NEW FRONTIERS IN FICC TRADING
8:30 am - 9:00 am CIO Keynote Interview - Evaluating the top 5 US investment trends that will dominate fixed income markets over the next 12 months and how can you best position your portfolio to benefit?David Saab - Managing Director Aperture Investors Christopher Gunster - Head of Fixed Income Portfolio Management, U.S. Trust Robert Tipp - Managing Director, Chief Investment Strategist, PGIM Anne Walsh - CIO, Fixed Income, Guggenheim Partners
- Globalisation vs. Nationalism: What impact will this have on the whole fixed income market structure and is nationalism white noise?
- Diversifying your portfolio: What are the drivers for a successful portfolio over the next 12 months and how can you position yourself?
- Where are the opportunities for fixed income investing in 2020 and what factors will drive these?
- Thinking ‘out of the box’: How can you use non-traditional strategies to drive your fund business and generate returns for your investors?
David SaabManaging Director
Christopher GunsterHead of Fixed Income Portfolio Management
Robert TippManaging Director, Chief Investment Strategist
Anne WalshCIO, Fixed Income
9:00 am - 9:20 am Macro Keynote - Trade wars, geo-politics and central bank intervention: What are the economic fundamentals are driving fixed income investments globally?Joe Lieber - Director of Research and Political Analys, Washington Analysis
- Interest rate and economic growth differentials: What impact will this have on financial flows and what does this mean for your fixed income business over the next 12 months?
- 6 months of democratic congress vs. Trump’s trade wars: How is instability affecting the economy and financial services?
- What are the three biggest fundamental forces that will impact the US economy how should you factor these movements in your investment decisions?
- The buy side juggling act: With the ongoing pressures of rising rates and cost reduction, how are can you transform the environment from challenge to opportunity?
Joe LieberDirector of Research and Political Analys
9:20 am - 9:50 am Global Keynote - Panel A view from the US, Europe and Asia: What are the risks and opportunities you should be mindful of to thrive in the ever evolving global fixed income environment?David Bullen - Director & Founder Lorgwood Limited Lee Sanders - Head of FX Execution, FX, Fixed Income & CDS Trader, AXA Investment Management Dwayne Middleton - Executive Director, Head of US Fixed Income Trading, Morgan Stanley Investment Management Carl James - Global Head of Fixed Income Trading, Pictet Asset Management
European Representative: Lee Sanders, Head of Execution FX and UK & Asia Fixed Income Trading, AXA Investment Management
USA Representative: Dwayne Middleton, Head of Global Fixed Income Trading, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- How do investment choices differ in EU, USA and Asia and how does this have an impact on the global fixed income environment?
- Where are the opportunities in the global market given the constantly evolving regulatory landscape and how are global buy side firms preparing for long term survival?
- What does innovation look like in EU, USA and Asia and what can you take from your global counterparts?
Lee SandersHead of FX Execution, FX, Fixed Income & CDS Trader
AXA Investment Management
Dwayne MiddletonExecutive Director, Head of US Fixed Income Trading
Morgan Stanley Investment Management
Carl JamesGlobal Head of Fixed Income Trading
Pictet Asset Management
9:50 am - 10:10 am Fireside Chat - The next big shifts in fixed income tradingBilly Hult - President, Tradeweb Supurna VedBrat - Head of Global Trading., BlackRock
10:10 am - 10:30 am Central Bank Keynote - The 2019 Treasury debt management strategy: How are they approaching projected large deficits and combating the effects of the FED’s balance sheet normalisation and what potential new products should you expect as a result of this?Nicholas Steele - Deputy Director of the Office of Debt Management, Treasury
10:30 am - 11:00 am Morning Refreshment Break
10:30 am - 11:00 am Women On Wall Street Brunch - Improving the opportunities for women in capital markets: Covering everything from communications, self-branding and career progression and how diversity should be used as a competitive advantage on your fixed income deskJennifer Litwin - Senior Vice President, Head of Relationship Management, Greenwich Associates
We encourage both men and women to attend this session and discuss this hugely important topic in the industry
Open to a maximum of 15 delegates
10:30 am - 11:00 am Blackrock iShares Invitation Only Workshop - Topic TBC
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER
11:00 am - 11:20 am Special Guest Keynote - Big data in 2019: Does search data know something wall street and government data does not?Apurv Jain - Visiting Researcher, Harvard Business School
Apurv is a visiting researcher at HBS focusing on applying AI and alternative data to better measuring and predicting the macro economy. Join this eye opening session as Apurv will debunk the myths around big data and AI and show how its really being used, today, to make real world predictions.
Apurv JainVisiting Researcher
Harvard Business School
PROSPERING IN THE NEW ENVIRONEMENT
11:20 am - 12:00 pm Oxford Style Debate. TRUE OR FALSE: The next move from the FED will be a hike in ratesDavid Bullen - Director & Founder Lorgwood Limited Thomas V. Kennedy - Executive Director, Global Head of Fixed Income Strategy, J.P Morgan Private Bank Liakos Papapoulos - Senior Investment Manager Treasury, MN Asset Management Ryan Chin - Portfolio Manager, Multi Asset US, Allianz Global Investors Mustafa Chowdhury - MD, Head of Rates, Voya Investment Management
Secure your front row seat as the conference room becomes a battlefield. Witness industry experts fight their corner over the most controversial topics in your industry. Who will deliver the knockout argument to claim victory? Take your place and vote.
TRUE: Thomas V. Kennedy, Executive Director, Global Head of Fixed Income Strategy, J.P Morgan Private Bank
TRUE: Liakos Papapoulos, Senior Investment Manager Treasury, MN IM
FALSE: Ryan Chin, Portfolio Manager, Multi Asset US, Allianz Global Investors
FALSE: Mustafa Chowdhury, Managing Director, Head of Rates, Voya Investment Management
Thomas V. KennedyExecutive Director, Global Head of Fixed Income Strategy
J.P Morgan Private Bank
Liakos PapapoulosSenior Investment Manager Treasury
MN Asset Management
Ryan ChinPortfolio Manager, Multi Asset US
Allianz Global Investors
Mustafa ChowdhuryMD, Head of Rates
Voya Investment Management
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Industry Innovation - The future of the Fixed Income ecosystem: How are trading counterparty and protocol preferences changing with increased electronification?Matthew Berger - Global Head of Fixed Income and Commodities Trading., Jane Street
- How can you use liquidity derived from the entire ecosystem to hedge your risk through portfolio trading and create a competitive advantage for your firm?
- How has electronic trading across the marked increased efficiency and easier access to liquidity?
- Electronic bond trading: How can you use this to boost efficiencies on your desk?
Matthew BergerGlobal Head of Fixed Income and Commodities Trading.
12:20 pm - 12:50 pm All Star Interview - How are the buy side and sell side working better together be smarter, faster and more cost efficient and what additional benefits can this bring to the buy side?Kenneth Monahan - Senior Analyst Greenwich Associates George Runsak - Head of Global Fixed Income, Wells Fargo Wealth Management Steven Divittorio - Head of Public Fixed Income Trading, Barings Mark Betteridge - Global Head of Fixed Income and Currency Analytics, Bloomberg
- How can the sell side be more open with their model and ensure clients have access to the quality execution they need?
- How are the sell side using automation to become more cost efficient and what additional benefits can this bring to the buy side?
- How can the buy and sell side work better together to leverage new digital capabilities across fixed income?
Live polling and interactive audience Q&A during this session
Kenneth MonahanSenior Analyst
George RunsakHead of Global Fixed Income
Wells Fargo Wealth Management
Steven DivittorioHead of Public Fixed Income Trading
Mark BetteridgeGlobal Head of Fixed Income and Currency Analytics
12:50 pm - 1:10 pm Industry Presentation - Thinking outside the box: How to engineer efficiency in fixed income portfolios to generate alpha in the current cost pressured environmentStephen Laipply - Managing Director, is the Head of U.S, BlackRock, iShares
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Lunch and Refreshment Break
Meet & Greet Lunch & Networking For All Attendees
1:10 pm - 2:10 pm Exclusive Invite Only Buy Side Lunch – FILS 2019 Wrap UpVik Rao - Global Head of Trading, Capital Group Scott M. Lopez CFA - Senior Managing Director, Partner, and Director of Global Trading, Wellington Management
Track Chair: David Bullen, Director, Bullen Management
Track A Disruptive Fixed Income Technology2:10 pm - 2:30 pm Case Study - What Fixed Income e-Trading can learn from Gaming and Netflix: 3 questions to ask your technology team to keep up with the evolving fixed income environment Steve Toland - Founder, TransFICC
- What can be learned outside of capital markets technology and how this can leveraged on your desk?
- How can you leverage new technology and approaches taken from gaming and media to help build high performance real time systems?
- Keeping flexible: How can you think out the box to scale up your systems whilst still having flexibility to keep with up with pace of change
Track A Disruptive Fixed Income Technology2:30 pm - 2:50 pm Case Study - Quant investing: How are firms keeping the “human touch” whilst using innovative technologies to leverage alternative data sets in their investment process? Amit Deshpande - Head of Fixed Income Quantitative Investments & Research, T.Rowe Price
Track A Disruptive Fixed Income Technology2:50 pm - 3:10 pm Listed Derivatives - Credit Default Swaps - Interview Bringing blockchain to the mass market: What are the current deficiencies around scalability and how can they be overcome? David Bullen - Director & Founder Lorgwood Limited Amit Kaushik - Head of Quantitative Research and Portfolio Manager, SciFeCap
- How can you clear and settle trades on current blockchain infrastructure and what does this mean for the future of fixed income?
- How has DLT and blockchain come to the fore and what does this mean for data storage and management?
- Reducing reliance on the clearing system- What does blockchain offer and how have trades already been settled outside the traditional clearing and settlement structure in a legal manner?
- Assessing future potential- How is this technology being implemented in capital markets now and what are the timelines to upgrade and scale the technology in a live environment?
- What are the biggest challenges of implementing and integrating this technology into current fixed income infrastructure?
Amit KaushikHead of Quantitative Research and Portfolio Manager
Track Chair: Jennifer Litwin, Senior VP, Head of Relationship Management, Greenwich Associates
Track B Building A Winning Trading Culture2:10 pm - 2:50 pm Multi-Asset Fixed Income - Interview - How can you embrace diversity and inclusion to enrich your workplace and make it your competitive advantage? Jennifer Litwin - Senior Vice President, Head of Relationship Management Greenwich Associates Ingrid Jacobs - Chief Diversity Officer, Eaton Vance Management Charles Curry - Head of Fixed Income and Co-CIO, FIS Group Anne P Colucci - Managing Director and Business Manager, Global Fixed Income Trading, Wellington Management Cauldon Quinn - Chief Executive Officer, Bancroft Capital
- What is the perfect recipe for hiring, training and retaining top talent in today’s highly competitive market conditions?
- Defining diversity: What does it mean for different organisations?
- Matching skill-set, talent development and organisation objectives: What are the real challenges this industry faces and how are things changing?
- What are the newer skill-set requirements for successful trading desks and how can diversity fit into this?
Ingrid JacobsChief Diversity Officer
Eaton Vance Management
Charles CurryHead of Fixed Income and Co-CIO
Anne P ColucciManaging Director and Business Manager, Global Fixed Income Trading
Cauldon QuinnChief Executive Officer
Track B Building A Winning Trading Culture2:50 pm - 3:10 pm Multi-Asset Fixed Income - 360 Perspective How has the rise of new eTrading and automation impacted the performance of trading strategies and the skillset required in your team? Jennifer Litwin - Senior Vice President, Head of Relationship Management Greenwich Associates Alvin Burgos - Independent Expert, .
- A culture of innovation: How can you build a culture in you team that thrives in this new technology driven landscape?
- What skillsets are now essential for a modern-day trader to thrive in the highly data-driven and automation-led landscape?
- Addressing the digital skill-gap and the need to innovate: What skills should you now be looking for when hiring for the future?
- How has increased use of algorithms and automation affected trading teams and how can you prepare for further eTrading growth?
Alvin BurgosIndependent Expert
Track Chair: Chris Ferreri, Chief Operating Officer, Hartfield Titus and Donnelly
Track C New Frontiers In Emerging Markets2:10 pm - 2:30 pm Emerging Markets - Interview - The misunderstood asset class: How to use emerging market corporate bonds as an advantage to build a profitable and diversified portfolio Mayra Rodriguez Valladares - Managing Principal MRV Associates Jean-Dominique Bütikofer - Head Emerging Markets Fixed Income, Voya Investment Management
- How have emerging market corporate bonds expanded over the last 10 years and how
- How to use corporate bonds to your advance and include them in your current investment plans?
- What does the rise in corporate bonds mean for sovereign debt and passive investing?
- Assessing the current risk and opportunities with emerging markets corporate bonds
Mayra Rodriguez ValladaresManaging Principal
Jean-Dominique BütikoferHead Emerging Markets Fixed Income
Voya Investment Management
Track C New Frontiers In Emerging Markets2:30 pm - 3:10 pm Emerging Markets - 360 Perspective: Geo-politics, internal policies, inflation, interest rates, GDP and exchange rates: What changes should you expect and how can you best factor them in your investments? Chris Ferreri - Chief Operating Officer Hartfield, Titus and Donnelly Ritirupa Samanta - Managing Director, Global Head of Systematic Fixed Income & Senior Portfolio Manager, FICC State Street Global Advisors Phillip Torres - Co-Head of Emerging Markets, Aegon Mila Skulkina - Associate Portfolio Manager, Lord Abbett Mayra Rodriguez Valladares - Managing Principal, MRV Associates Suzanne Bishopric - Managing Partner, Global Sovereign Advisors
- The outlook for 2020 and performance of macroeconomic indicators: Where will you find the most profitable havens?
- Setting up portfolios in new emerging markets: How can efficiencies be improved when gaining access to local markets?
- Hard currency and local currency markets: Where do the best opportunities lie in EM investing in the year ahead?
- Commodity markets, cheap labour, distressed debt, dictators, political instability and much more: What EM themes will dominate the agenda over the nest 12 months?
Chris FerreriChief Operating Officer
Hartfield, Titus and Donnelly
Ritirupa SamantaManaging Director, Global Head of Systematic Fixed Income & Senior Portfolio Manager
FICC State Street Global Advisors
Phillip TorresCo-Head of Emerging Markets
Mila SkulkinaAssociate Portfolio Manager
Mayra Rodriguez ValladaresManaging Principal
Suzanne BishopricManaging Partner
Global Sovereign Advisors
Track Chair: Marc Chandler, Market Strategist, Bannockburn Global Forex
Track D Portfolio Management2:10 pm - 3:10 pm Multi-Asset Fixed Income - Panel. The outlook for 2019 and beyond: How is fixed income shifting and how should you adapt your asset allocation strategy to remain completive? Marc Chandler - Market Strategist Bannockburn Global Forex Jennifer Hartviksen - CFA, Senior Portfolio Manager, Global High Yield Head of Canada Fixed Income, Invesco Art DeGaetano - Founder & Chief Investment Officer, Bramshill Investment Mike Huff - Senior Director, Portfolio Management & Assets Allocation, TIAA CREF Leslie Falconio - Senior Fixed Income Strategist, Head of Tactical Fixed Income Allocation, UBS Wealth Management Henley Smith - Senior Vice President, Vanderbilt Asset Management
Marc ChandlerMarket Strategist
Bannockburn Global Forex
Jennifer HartviksenCFA, Senior Portfolio Manager, Global High Yield Head of Canada Fixed Income
Art DeGaetanoFounder & Chief Investment Officer
Mike HuffSenior Director, Portfolio Management & Assets Allocation
Leslie FalconioSenior Fixed Income Strategist, Head of Tactical Fixed Income Allocation
UBS Wealth Management
Henley SmithSenior Vice President
Vanderbilt Asset Management
Track E Workshop - Open to a maximum of 20 attendees2:10 pm - 3:00 pm Workshop - How can you better interpret body language and non-verbal cues to gain trust in the workplace and gain the competitive edge? Robin Dreeke - Former FBI Special Agent, & Chief of the Counterintelligence Behavioural Analysis Program, .
Robin DreekeFormer FBI Special Agent, & Chief of the Counterintelligence Behavioural Analysis Program
PREPARING FOR THE NEXT BIG THING
3:10 pm - 3:30 pm FinTech Keynote - Fixed income market disruptors: How is FinTech going to reshape the financial markets ecosystem and how can you adapt your business to remain competitive?Mark Rodrigues - Partner, Illuminate Financial
- Mergers and acquisitions: What is the reason behind this and how does it effect innovation in the fixed income space?
- Which types of technological innovation do we expect to transform fixed income in the next 5 years?
- How and why to take advantage of the innovative, lower cost and highly scalable solutions offered by newer and more entrepreneurial suppliers
- Avoid the FinTech hype: How can firms distil the signal from the noise?
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm Fixed Income Shark Tank - Get a sneak peek into the most innovative new FinTech offerings to see how they can help you gain a competitive edgeMiles Kumaresan - Global Head of Trading & Fintech, Nordea Asset Management Mark Rodrigues - Partner, Illuminate Financial Isaac Cecil - CEO, Pre-Rec Geoffrey Fite - Founder and CEO, Fite Analytics
Join our fixed income sharks during this exciting ‘Shark Tank’ style session, where you will hear from four new and innovative start-up FINTECH firms as they present their offerings in a bid to win first place. Listen up as the ’dragons’ review the technologies’ benefits to your business, predict their future success and deliver their verdicts. The ultimate decision is in your hands though, as the audience get to vote for their favourite. Will you find the next big thing?
Miles KumaresanGlobal Head of Trading & Fintech
Nordea Asset Management
Geoffrey FiteFounder and CEO