Challenging Current Platform Models
360° Perspective: The concept of ‘All to All’ (A2A) trading- Why have A2A models failed in the past and what indications are there that they will succeed now?
Director of Global Fixed Income Trading,
MFS Investment Management
Head of Fixed Income Market Structure and Electronic Trading,
T. Rowe Price
Director, Co-Head of Global Public Markets Trading,
Liberty Mutual Group
Professor of Management,
Open Trading Product Manager,
- The move to A2A- Is there currently enough data and pricing in the market for the A2A protocol to be successful?
- A2A and the concept of anonymity- is this good or bad for fixed income markets?
- How can you improve price discovery and pre-trade transparency on A2A models?
- Defragmentation- How can the high number of A2A models be consolidated to reduce fragmentation in the market?
- Debate- Will A2A overtake RFQ and become the dominant form of trading in fixed income?
Gregory C. Heller, CFA, is an investment officer and director of Global Fixed Income Trading at MFS Investment Management® (MFS®). He is based in Boston. He is a member of the MFS Global Fixed Income Management Team and serves on the firm's Investment Management Committee.
Greg joined MFS in 2002 as a municipal fixed income trader. He wa
Alex Sedgwick is head of Fixed Income Market Structure and Electronic Trading in Global Trading at T. Rowe Price. Mr. Sedgwick is responsible for custom research and analysis pertaining to market structure, liquidity, and trade cost/execution analysis across the various fixed income sectors. He is a vice president of T. Rowe Price Group, Inc., and
Mr. Charron is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and the University of Vermont where he earned an Master’s Degrees in both Business Administration and Statistics. Mr. Charron has over 12 years of experience in varying Investment Management roles, including over 10 years of
Joe Rosen is an electronic trading industry veteran with 25 years experience as an exchange executive, adviser, Chief Information Officer & Quant, author, lecturer, as well as developer and marketer of electronic trading systems. Prior to incorporating RKA Inc. in 2006, he was Managing Director, Trading Technology/Head of Technology Marketing at t
Richard Schiffman is the Open Trading Product Manager. In this role, Mr. Schiffman is responsible for managing the development and implementation of the Open Trading, the firm’s all-to-all credit trading network.
He joined MarketAxess from BlackRock Financial Management where he was a Managing Director and CEO of BlackRock Capital M
Workshop: Your A-Z guide on fixed income ETFs- How can you incorporate ETFs in your portfolio to give you increased liquidity and exposure?
- ETF Transparency- What benefits can ETFs bring to a fixed income portfolio and what are the potential risks associated with these?
- What are the key characteristics of fixed income ETFs and what problems do they solve?
- What are the risks of using ETFs in stressed market conditions and how do they perform?
- How do fixed income ETFs compare to equity ETFs and where to the major differences exist?
- Implementation and execution- How can you build ETFs into your portfolio and how are they traded?
Exploring Alternative Liquidity Sources
Oxford Style Debate: True or false- HFT firms a positive addition to the fixed income market for the buy side and do not present too much risk
Managing Director, Head of Market Structure Research,
Research Director, Capital Markets,
Modern Markets Initiative
- High Frequency Traders as liquidity providers- Is the fixed income market readily available for HFT firms to come forward as alternative liquidity sources?
- HFT and the buy side- How do HFT market making models differ and can they be relied upon during times of stress?
- Alongside treasuries and futures, what other parts of the fixed income spectrum can facilitate HFT and what is the impact on liquidity?
- What are the barriers to entry for HFT in other markets and how can they be overcome?
- With increased electronic trading and new data points, what does the future hold for HFT in fixed income?
Brad is a research director with Celent's Securities and Investments practice, and is based in the firm's New York office. He is an expert in electronic trading of equities, foreign exchange derivatives, credit, rates, and futures. His research focus is on emerging technology and trading technology across asset classes. Brad has more than 20 yea
Bill Harts is the CEO of the Modern Markets Initiative, the industry advocate for electronic and high frequency trading firms. He is known in the financial services industry as a pioneer of algorithmic trading as well as an authority on financial market structure and applied technology for trading.
As Managing Director and Head of
Kevin McPartland is a Managing Director and the head market structure and technology research at Greenwich Associates. He has nearly 20 years of capital markets industry experience with deep expertise in market structure, regulation and technology impacting the fixed income, FX, and equity markets.
Prior to joining the Greenwich Associa
Leadership Boardroom: Unlocking blockchain’s potential- How can this new technology revolutionize capital markets to slash costs and reduce risk?
Director of Settlement,
- How does blockchain work and what benefits can this new technology bring to capital markets as a whole?
- Building Blockchain- What is the underlying structure to blockchain and how can this improve efficiency across the full trade lifecycle?
- Integrating Blockchain- What are the realistic timelines for blockchain to become a reality in capital markets?
- Challenging the status quo- What impacts could distributed ledger technology have on the market structure?
Igor is based in London and responsible for SimCorp’s Trade Processing solution set and strategy. Prior to joining SimCorp, Igor worked as an Investor Market Manager at Citibank’s Securities and Fund Services. He joined Citi from Markit, where he held Business Development positions for the Credit Data and Portfolio Valuations service, and was respo
Adjusting To A Rising Rate Environment
Case Study Revolution: Positioning your portfolio for rising rates- How can you best manage your fixed income investments in a rising rate environment?
Chief Economist, Head of Credit Portfolio Management,
- When the FED finally does raise rates, how much will they rise and how fast will they rise?
- What are the factors affecting interest rates and how can fixed income investments respond to the rate rise?
- What is the impact of rising rates on fixed income returns and how can you best manage this to generate returns for your investors?
- US vs. international investing- What role are central banks playing and where does the yield and risks lie?